Monday, June 14, 2010

Book Recommendation

Am reading a great book I picked up at a book fair for $7.00.  Brought it home and have been working my way through it voraciously.  I am terribly impressed by how these authors put into words that which is so challenging to us humans that we muck it constantly: communication with our clients.

The complexity of communications has ended up with muffling, bashing, confusing our clients and peers alike.  Communication is so complex that it's like walking a tightrope every time we open out mouths. Then we spend hours blaming ourselves for a job badly done!

Service professionals need to be able to really listen to their clients and help untangle the challenges of the business while offering solutions without minimizing or insulting the dignity of the client. This book creates such a road map of "how to's" so well I've made it my carry-it-everywhere-with-me book.

I have posted access to the book via Amazon link in the box at the left. Enjoy!

No comments: