Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lunchtime Dreamers

I worked for a busy Fortune 500 corporation from the age of 24 to 40something.  I rarely looked up from my desk from 7AM-10PM that the job and promotions demanded.  But on the weekends I turned into the outdoor adventuressI wanted to be in high school.   Why did I not pursue this path full time?  'Cause of the money honey.  There was NO money in adventuring in those days.  You took a vow of poverty and that was that.

Well I like to inhabit nice, clean places and wanted to own a home of my own. So off to work I went on Monday mornings, tired, exhausted from the all-night driving when coming back from a high energy weekend in some distant California outpost.  I kayaked, skied, climbed, backpacked every weekend and had a blast.

During the week, I ate lunch at my desk and plotted with my travel agent adventure buddy where to go next.  I wished I had had the internet then to keep me company.  I could have viewed all manner of places with out leaving my desk and reduce my stress. Check this link out and you'll know what I mean.

http://bit.ly/cWUI72

Happy Lunchtime Dreaming!

No comments: